Monday, March 10, 2008
Today we started the day by applying four coats of wax to the outside of the mold that we just finished making. We then layed down two layers of kevlar and one layer of S-glass and cut it all to the right dimensions. Then we layed up the first layer of kevlar and coated it with epoxy and went for lunch to let it set a bit before we added the next layers. After returning from lunch we set the next layer of kevlar and S-glass on the boat and applied the epoxy. The epoxy was applied very think and allowed to soak into the fibres of the fabric. On the ends, three more layers of S-glass were applied. I do not intend on installing skid plates so the added S-glass will make these areas more durable and easier to fix if they get damaged.
Posted by Wildpaddler